Re: Publishing in Linux Format

Hi,

On 09/17/2012 01:18 AM, Emily Gonyer wrote:
Whats the deadline?

The deadline for October is last Friday (but perhaps we can still get in if we send something today or tomorrow - would need to ask Graham to be sure).

After that, it's a deadline every 4 weeks (they do 13 issues per year). We can of course ask for the next deadline every month.
What format (PDF, ODT, etc) do they want/need

I imagine text or html would be fine - they will be laying out the magazine afterwards, so something they can copy & paste from is likely to be best.

articles to be in? 550 words isn't that many, and certainly sounds
do-able. Highlighting one application or event a month (ie, Boston
Summit for October), with screenshots and/or event photos. Perhaps
if/when we did an application we could also do a short interview with
one of the developers of it.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Perhaps we could rotate - developer profile, GNOME application/shell extension of the month, news, announcement or event if it's appropriate.

If we're asking for ideas to seed the application list, I'd suggest:

GNOME Extensions:
* Dash to Dock
* Battery time remaining
* Alternative Status Menu
* Task Bar
* Axe Menu

GNOME applications:
* GNOME Boxes
* Pinta
* MyPaint
* Pinpoint
* SimpleScan
* Geary
* BlueFish
* OpenShot

Also, I thought Sri had a couple of articles held back that we'd
talked about using for getting the GNOME Journal going again a couple
months ago, though I'm not sure what ever became of them.

Wasn't the plan to regularly publish original content to GNOME News?

I'm confused about the Journal & News. We have this conversation every so often, and it seems like different people draw different conclusions every time. Can someone give me the Ladybird version of their current understanding of our plans for GNOME News, please?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France