Re: world of gnome..

Hello Oliver, Luc

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM, alex diavatis
<alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
> Hello Luc,
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you could have an article category "What's on the whiteboards
>> today?", with a clear icon, so readers knows the information is a snapshot
>> of a work in progress.
I think this is an very important point because otherwise it
could make GNOME designers more careful before posting
a design to the wiki because they know that the design will
be featured as "done" on a news site the next day. After all
the wiki are a workspace (although public).

Obviously to refer the "Text Selection" was a mistake of me, as there weren't any discussion in Design page. It would be nice
if you *always* had some initial notes in every page. Gnome gets a lot of attention lately and I think that many people are
visiting your wikis and post about them.

>> And maybe, the direction of the article could be inviting readers to
>> discuss pros and cons. (rather than promising a future plan)
>

> I see your point. I don't mean to confuse people that a design will arrive
> in Gnome for sure, or the next day, or as it is.
Also very important.

Maybe I consider what is obvious to me, it is obvious also to the others. Saying that something is just an early design,
I mean "a design that won't arrive in Gnome for sure, or the next day, or as it is".I ll try to be more cautious and
not making an "alpha" seems as "stable".

Thank you
- alex

--
-mvh Oliver Propst