Re: community managers

Am Montag, den 12.11.2012, 15:17 -0800 schrieb Sriram Ramkrishna:
Greetings!

I know that we have a bunch of new people who joined the list.  We
haven't done any thing to use you people.  Sadly, an epic failure on
our part.

But I am looking for some good people who can fill the role of
community manager.  Clearly, we have a problem relating to our user
base and some of the decisions have become more controversial than it
needs to be.

As you point out, community managers basically work on improving
communication in projects with separated circles of participants,
like silently working in-house developers, and a wider community
of outsiders. Do we really have such situation in GNOME?

What would be the inner circle then?
How did it happen?

Do we really want to consolidate such unfortunate situation, or should
that inner circle rather be broken again?

Ciao,
Mathias