Re: youtube GNOME channel..

I had the same question a few months ago. It depends. If they are listed creative commons, you effectively can use them, because you can pull them into the youtube editor, make a tiny change and rename them. If they are not, it would be illegal w/o his permission.

I think he has them listed with the standard youtube license. You'd have to ask him. Hope that helps, Sri. Is the GNOMEDesktop channel the official GNOME channel?

Where would you place those ads? I like the concept too-

Christy

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> It seems that our GNOME channel is languishing.  For the life of me I cannot
> figure out how to mark videos as part of the GNOME channel.  We have several
> 3.0 related videos that I would like to see tagged.

Which videos do you want to tag? I'm generally of the view that we
should limit ourselves to pushing high quality videos.

> Secondly, I've thought of some web ads that would be kind of cool that would
> kind of push apps like Pritvi.  For instance:
>
> Cost of your operating system  - 0
> Cost of your video program - 0
> Cost of making this ad - 0
> 0 + 0 + 0 + your creativity = your creativity, your enthusiasm.
>
> Unleash your creativity with GNOME

I like the concept. :)

IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/