Re: First time contributors : WAS Re: Marketing Minutes December 13, 2012

Yes, volunteer capture was one of the issues.  That's why one of the projects was toe QA our website to make sure that we have a method of doing volunteering capture.

I saw a similar issue in IRC where somebody came in and wanted to hack on something and nobody answered him.  (I was reading from IRC history)  At the very least we should maybe have our bot answer that question on volunteering so they know where to go.

We even have that trouble here in this list.  I know I sent a couple of people here and we weren't quite able to use them because of disorganization.  In order to help with volunteering we kind of have to know what help people need.

Anyways, good observation, Andreas!

sri