Re: marketing meeting next week!

On Fri, December 7, 2012 10:05 am, Brett Legree wrote:
Great! Yes, Katherine Noyes is another friendly, positive person I had in
mind.

That's a good plan - to figure out what we want to showcase, and then
start
writing and submitting.

One thing I've noticed a lot of detractors say is that "you can't do 'real
work' with GNOME" - which is a load of hullabaloo, as we know.

Surely the people who code it, design it, and so forth are using it. Greg
KH uses it on at least one of his systems, and what he does is pretty
intense.

Great - I'll contact Greg!

I'm a nuclear engineer and when I'm using Linux, GNOME is my graphical
shell of choice (I don't use it to design reactors, but I use it to do
engineering consulting work and it does the job just fine - the nature of
the UI helps me to stay focused on the task at hand, distraction free).

Wow! You should write this up in more detail then this can be some of the
content we use :)

karen

So obviously it isn't just for Facebook and frivolous things - which all
of
us know, but the idea is to get the message out there.

-Brett