Re: Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming

On 13 August 2012 16:31, Brett Legree <brett legree gmail com> wrote:
I have spent some time reviewing this
http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy for other reasons, and there
is a section pertaining to naming remixes.

I would suggest Ubuntu GSR (for "GNOME Shell Remix"), it sounds kind of
high-tech, mysterious, perhaps a bit mechanical (a motorcycle of some kind?)
and it isn't hard to pronounce.

I'm optimistic that we would get approval as an official Ubuntu
derivative relatively quickly. Once that happens, I believe we'd be
authorized to use *buntu in our project name. I will verify with the
Ubuntu trademark people also though.

Also at this time, my test ISO includes GNOME Classic/Fallback so it's
not just about GNOME Shell.

Jeremy