Re: Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com>
Para: board gnome org; marketing-list gnome org
CC: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>; Robert Ancell <robert ancell ubuntu com>; Sebastien Bacher <seb128 ubuntu
com>
Enviado: Lunes 13 de agosto de 2012 17:56
Asunto: Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming

At the Ubuntu Developer Summit in May, several of us that work with
GNOME in Ubuntu discussed the need for a Ubuntu community derivative
similar to Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and others but which will try to ship a
relatively pure GNOME experience.

That sounds really good ! .  Users who love Ubuntu and GNOME will be
much much happier :-)

The traditional Ubuntu naming convention for these alternate flavors
is "Gubuntu" but it seems that could cause confusion with the
pronunciation of Google's internal distribution Goobuntu. We'd like to
instead use GNObuntu.

I agree that Gubuntu and Goobuntu are confusing, but I also agree with
Sri that GNObuntu sounds a little bit like a negative assertion or
something like that (Gnome NO (U)buntu). I'd prefer something without
any possible misinterpretation.

Just my two cent,

    -- Juanjo Marin