Re: GNOME Commit digest on Planet GNOME

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se>
Para: marketing-list <marketing-list gnome org>
CC:
Enviado: Miércoles 1 de agosto de 2012 16:46
Asunto: GNOME Commit digest on Planet GNOME

Hi!
Discussion about this initially started on foundation-list [1], but it probably
makes more sense to bring it over to this list.
In short; Planet GNOME is currently only for Humans, not robots, ie. A blog
needs to be strongly tied to a individual in order to be added. Project news
etc. go on news.gnome.org
Johannes brought up the idea of adding commit-digest to Planet as a exception to
this rule, as shows important data on how we're doing as a project.
I think that would be ok. We could do something creative to it in order to make
it stand out among the other blogs. Color being an easy solution that comes to
mind. Another idea would to do something with all the heads of the release team.
I'm open for any ideas.
I also think this should be the only single exception with regards to the
planet. Planet Mozilla currently has this issue (and they are working on it)
that you sometimes have to scroll pages and pages before you actually find a
blog post from a clearly identifiable, single person.

I totally agree with Andreas. This will be the only exception. I agree that a separate
presentation is needed to indicate is not a personal blog. I think both a slighly
different color and something different from a hackergotchi will make it clear.  Instead
of a hackergotchi, a picture of the release team or a group picture from GUADEC can
be used.

I also wonder as well if "commit digest" is the appropiate name or if we need something
different for this "behind the scene" informative blog.

Cheers,

    -- Juanjo Marin