Re: News posts needed

On Wed, April 25, 2012 6:57 pm, Oliver Propst wrote:
Here comes a rough draft on the Google Summer of Code story.
It would be great if you (or someone else) could edit and publish.

Thanks for putting a draft together! Marina and I are starting to put
together a press release for the OPW, and she pointed out that we should
highlight how much we improved the GSoC application process in GNOME when
talking about GSoC.

I'm ccing Marina...
karen

Students accepted for Google Summer of Code (headline)
The GNOME foundation are happy to announce that 29 students have been
accepted for this year edition of Google Summer of Code. The students
will work on a wide range of projects including improving aspects of
of the GNOME shell, develop new GNOME applications, update existing
GNOME applications
with new features and improve underlying GNOME technology.

The students work will result in a better GNOME for all users.

The GNOME foundation wish all the students good luck with their
respective project and want to give a special thanks to the mentors
that help
guide the students.

For more information about the accepted projects please visit
<a heft="http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/gnome";>
the GNOME project page on the Google Summer of Code website<a/>

.
.