Re: [Fwd: Question about the trademark policy and usage of the GNOME logo]

________________________________
De: Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com>
Para: a11yrocks bryen com
CC: Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es>; "marketing-list gnome org" <marketing-list gnome org>
Enviado: Martes 17 de abril de 2012 19:53
Asunto: Re: [Fwd: Question about the trademark policy and usage of the GNOME logo]

Even if a GNOME derivative wanted to say "powered by GNOME" why would
that be a bad thing?  We get the benefit of increased mindshre where our
GNOME logo appears in more places.  If those derivatives choose to pay
homage to GNOME by using such a phrase, more power to them.  :-)

Bryen

I'm with Bryen - I really don't see how having our name on compuers would in any way be a bad thing. I keep
looking for someplace with reasonable linux stickers -  I really want a tux & something that says GNOME &
not just the logo. Actually now that I've checked their site I'll probably end up buying some of theris:)

Well, so far, all we agree to go with the stickers :-)

The "cons" of the GNOME and derivatives debate: There are many people out there confused out there about what
GNOME, GNOME.3, GNOME shell, Unity, Unity 3D, Unity 2D, GNOME classics, fallback mode, CInnamon, Mate, GNOME
panel, etc are.

Cheers,

     -- Juanjo Marin