Re: Interview members of the advisory board for the GNOME Journal.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
These questions are a good start, I
think,

Thanks =)

but we should also ask questions that are more targeted at the
particular advisory board member and how that company uses GNOME and
participates in our community.The more focused the questions we can ask,
the better the interview will read.

The idea of using standard questions
was that it is easy to manage and we
would quickly get a lot of material
for future publishing.

I'm not opposed to have specific questions
but it will make things a bit more
complicated. Can we ask one or two specific
questions in every interview or is that to weird?
Otherwise we have to do
separate interviews which means
more work, a slower work process,
a non standard format, is it worth it?

Besides I think it can be interesting to read
how different organizations/companies
answer the same questions.

We may have better access to this kind of information than the advisory
board rep, if they weren't the company's rep from the beginning. We could
probably add information like this ourselves in the intro to the
interview.
Maybe instead we could ask how that member started using GNOME?

Good idea.

How about adding some questions like:

* What do you hope will be incorporated into GNOME in the future?

* What do you think GNOME's biggest challenge is?

Great questions.