Re: Fallback / Classic Mode

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM, John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:

> My employer does not have Linux desktops.. they instead provide VNC
> with fvwm2 or some other light weight window manager in order to work
> in their linux environment.  Likely they might start moving to virtual
> machines as well.  In fact, my work model is to use a virtual machines
> for Window on a Linux host but for most other people it'll likely be
> the other way around.

As Allan said earlier, it would be good to understand the technical
reasons stopping g-s from running in virtualbox, vmware, etc.

I agree.. it's just that it is not a space we control and we don't know how long it will take for something like that to be resolved..  Definitely we should be looking to make sure that wherever compiz can run, we should run, and run better.

The VNC case though is still up in the air though..   fallback should work with that well.

Is this something that could ever be fixed for examples.

Dunno?