Re: GNOME Journal

I know there are some concerns about customisation and GNOME 3. A few
points here:

 * Some of us who are involved in marketing have already been pushing
for the GNOME tweak tool. We're aware that it needs to become a reality.
Would you be interested in working on this? Seriously - we'd love your
help.

Alright, sure. I'll do this tomorrow.

Would you prefer a stand alone tool, or a control center panel? There
are arguments for both (i.e should it be seen as part of the control
center, or is it intentionally separate - a bit less official) and I
suspect that a marketing justification is equally important here.

So far what are the contents (those points of contention people flame about)
* window buttons
* finer grained font size where possible (IIRC)
* theme switching
* nautilus stuff (manage desktop, maybe others)
* etc

Advice on meaningful ways to group these settings would also be appreciated.

John

p.s. If I do the C-C panel that will be in C, I'll do the standalone
panel in python otherwise.