Week 1 Update

Hi all!

It's nearly the end of the first week of my GNOME 3 marketing contract,
so I thought it would be a good time to let you all know what I've been
up to. Here's a list of the main tasks I've taken care of this week as a
part of the contract:

 * Wrote to the marketing list about plans for the release notes and
roadmap.

 * Started working on the 3.0 release notes:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/ReleaseNotes There's lots to
write about!

 * Fixed some link problems with gnome3.org and updated some information
on the site.

 * Collected information on how the main distros will be shipping 3.0 -
we need this for various marketing activities, including gnome3.org. Had
some good conversations with people from the relevant distros and got
some good information. (Jorge Castro updated the instructions for
installing GNOME 3 on Ubuntu [1], btw - thanks Jorge!) Fed the
distribution information back to the marketing list.

 * Chased some people to check on the developer migration documentation
situation (this is something that came up as a priority for
distributors). Turns out that there is some good documentation already
and an excellent porting checklist that has been written by Javier
Jardon. I moved that to http://live.gnome.org/Gnome3PortingGuide so that
we can build on it in the future.

 * Did a big cleanup of the marketing tasks page:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Tasks We can hopefully use this
page to pool GNOME 3 marketing tasks that we want to advertise to
volunteers. I've put some items on there - check it out! (Feel free to
add tasks too.)

 * Created up to date screenshots and a new 'alpha' (now 'beta') banner
for gnome3.org. Updated the web site with the new material.

 * Updated the GNOME 3 marketing schedule with some items that have come
up during the week:
http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/MarketingRoadmap

Allan

[1]