Re: getting www.gnome3.org

Hi,

Allan Day wrote:
Which PPA is that? This one [1], or this one [2]? Did you test it
yourself? It would be great to hear from anyone who does have experience
of using either of these PPAs...

I was going to try [2] until I noticed that (a) it's only available for
11.04 and (b) gnome-shell wasn't even built for it, because of a failing
dependency. I used [1] on Ubuntu 10.10 and it seems to work fine.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ricotz/+archive/testing
[2] https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3/+packages

I'm currently upgrading to 11.04 to get the latest greatest. Robert
Ancell tells me that:
Unfortunately there is no source for GNOME Shell in Ubuntu 10.10, you
need to use 11.04 (we decided not to maintain packages for both 10.10
and 11.04 due to the number of changes required).  The GNOME3 PPA is a
work in progress as you can see, but it should contain GNOME Shell
when we can get all the dependencies working (hopefully sooner rather
than later as Debian Experimental has GNOME Shell working now).

So I will be removing ricotz and switching o the gnome3 team when I'm done.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary