Re: New face to Friends of GNOME

Andreas:

- Currently the "Corporate Sponsorship" only includes being an "Advisory
Board member". I'm not sure I like the term "Corporate" since
Advisory Board members can be other non-for-profits, Foundations, or
other non-Corporate organizations. It would be nice to include
information about Advisory Board fees.
But if they are a non-profit, we don't currently charge them.

We should mention more about how non-profits work in terms of fees,
agreed.

But I was just trying to highlight that sponsors and Advisory Board
members are not necessarily "Corporate" entities, so I think it would
be best to avoid the term "Corporate".  For example, I could imagine a
"School for the Blind" being on the advisory board if they made use of
GNOME technologies and were in a good position to  provide The GNOME
Foundation with advisory input.  Such an organization may not be a
"corporate" one.

It would also be nice to provide options for organizations that wish
to donate but not be on the Advisory Board (or not donate as much as
the fee). Perhaps we could provide a page where we put logos/links
to organizations who donate in this way. Or perhaps we could include
logos for organizations who donate a certain amount at events we
organize. Perhaps we could offer a menu of choices where
organizations could be recognized in different ways based on the
amount donated.
That needs a bunch of work on it's own, but I agree with the idea in
general.
We also need to figure out how to word it and where to put it.

Sure.

- Will it be possible to earmark donations for certain projects (such
as Women's Outreach or a11y)? If so, the page should highlight how
to do this.
This makes the forms and other stuff more detailed as well, and it could
be a slippery slope regarding what teams we list there. I would rather
see this as aimed donation campaigns instead.

Anybody else have any thoughts about what we should do here?

Brian