Re: New face to Friends of GNOME

Andreas:

The new design looks nice.  A few comments:

- Currently the "Corporate Sponsorship" only includes being an "Advisory
  Board member".  I'm not sure I like the term "Corporate" since
  Advisory Board members can be other non-for-profits, Foundations, or
  other non-Corporate organizations.  It would be nice to include
  information about Advisory Board fees.

  It would also be nice to provide options for organizations that wish
  to donate but not be on the Advisory Board (or not donate as much as
  the fee).  Perhaps we could provide a page where we put logos/links
  to organizations who donate in this way.  Or perhaps we could include
  logos for organizations who donate a certain amount at events we
  organize.  Perhaps we could offer a menu of choices where
  organizations could be recognized in different ways based on the
  amount donated.

- The "List of Previous Donors" would be more cool if it allowed
  people to provide links to their personal page if they wish
  (perhaps their live.gnome.org page if they have one, for example).

  I don't know how to improve this page, but just a long list of names
  doesn't seem to be the best way to honor those who help us.

- There are a number of places you can buy official GNOME branded
  merchandise.  Shouldn't we highlight those here?

- In the "Thanks to donations, in 2010 we were able to:" section
  it says "Hold a women outreach".  This seems oddly worded or an
  incomplete sentence.  Perhaps "Organize a Women's Outreach Program"
  might be more clear.

- Also, I liked how the old FoG page highlighted that the GNOME
  project benefits humanitarian projects like OLPC and a11y.  Would be
  nice to be able to continue to highlight a more humanitarian message.
  I would think this would encourage donations.

- Will it be possible to earmark donations for certain projects (such
  as Women's Outreach or a11y)?  If so, the page should highlight how
  to do this.

Brian