Re: GCI: Update Gnome Usergroup Info, Introduction

Hi Jason,

Jason Lo wrote:
Namely, what should the overall tone and content of this email be?

Informal and short. "Hi! I know you've been bothered a couple of times
with this already, but I'm helping update which GNOME user groups are
active and what you're up to, and I'd really appreciate a quick answer
from you, since you're listed as a contact for <GNOME user group name>.
Can you let me know if you're still involved with the GUG? If not, can
you let me know who is now the main contact for the GUG, please?"

And also, should I mention that I am a GCI student, and should I even go as
far as to mention the two previous students that tried to undertake this
task, maybe in a sort of apologetic tone? Thanks.

I definitely think that a somewhat apologetic tone is appropriate. Also,
describing what GCI is, and the task as defined there, at the end of
your mail, might help smooth things over too. I suspect many GNOME User
Group people don't really know what GCI is.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary