GNOME 3.0 Release Notes

It's that time to start working on and planning the GNOME 3.0 release notes.

I've done the last couple of release notes, and with the importance of
GNOME 3.0, I'm hoping for some help.  :)

I wouldn't mind re-thinking the release notes, for a couple of
reasons.  Some random thoughts:

1 - This is a huge release.  We haven't had a .0 release in, what, 8 or 9 years?
2 - The UI is totally different - we're going to need lots of pretty screenshots
3 - There are some fairly significant changes in the behavior - from
suspend to maximizing windows to applets - we need to think about how
we present these.
4 - The release notes are going to be dissected and read from our
users to major publications
5 - We need to start thinking about how we prioritize what's in the
release notes - are the current sections we have the right ones?

I know I don't have all these answers!  But we don't have tons of time
to brainstorm either, so we'll need to discuss and then start writing.

One thing I've always wanted to but never had the time was to to
something like Mairin Duffy blogged about a long time, which is a "1
page" version of the release notes[2] too (though it turned out to be
3 pages!)  I think we could have our more detailed, formal release
notes and this.  (See link).

Some facts about the release notes:

1 - They are written in Docbook in the release-notes module in Git[3]
- You don't need to know Git or Docbook - I'm happy to get copy in to
Docbook and commit - Just need to write!
2 - The development calendar is on live.gnome.org[4] (We're a bit
behind - according to that we should have started Feb 7th!)
3 - fredp will help with getting them on library.gnome.org for review
and I can password protect it once they're up
4 - You can see the release notes for 2.32 here to get a feel for how
they've been done in the past [5]

Paul

[1] http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes
[2] http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/fedora-12-one-page-release-notes-pdf/