Re: window controls removing max and min from windows committed..

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Hey guys,

So Owen committed the windows control here as explained here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2011-February/msg00192.html

We'll need to update the faq and also we'll need to figure out how to
explain how this is an improvement.

Indeed - we'll need to communicate the virtues of the change. (I think
it's a great move.)

This is a fairly significant departure from how most DEs do things
with window management

But there are precedents...

 and I would be interested in how we will need to manage this change
and give a clear idea of how this will work for them.  I must confess
that I myself will have to go through a re-learning experience caused
by years of habit on this feature.

It would be good to have some data on these kinds of adjustments. Do we
have a figure on how long it will take people to adjust, for instance?
One piece of advice that I often give people is to give GNOME Shell a
decent try before making a judgment, since you can't form an opinion
about it until you've shaken off some of your old habits. Maybe we
should settle on a fixed period we'd advise people to try it for? A
week, perhaps?

Best,

Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org