Re: Speaking opportunity at SVLUG on April 6 about GNOME 3.0

Did you get anyone? I know Luis Villa is in the area.

Stormy

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Frederic Muller <fredm gnome org> wrote:
Dear all,

Checking on the SVLUG schedule it seems April 6 is the date of their April's monthly meeting () and the slot is still available. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone submit a talk (http://www.svlug.org/call4speakers.php) about GNOME 3.0 and go there to present to one of the oldest and largest LUG?

>From the description "the meetings are 2-hour technical presentations for an engineering audience, with Q&A".

That could also be a could way to promote and launch GNOME 3.0 on the West Coast. We can definitely arrange some goodies (from the launch parties) to the speaker volunteering to give away on that day.

Thanks for stepping up or forwarding the information to the relevant candidates (and letting us know).

Fred