Re: 3.0 parties - amazing job!

2011/2/11 Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
Hi all,

Pockey & Fred are doing a really amazing job with the 3.0 release party
drive - it is quite astonishing to see the number of parties sprouting
up around the world! Truly, this is an amazing job.

I would like to suggest capitalising on the success of the event in a
couple of ways:

1. Let's get the organisers of the parties & their region into the GNOME
CRM for future use - it's easy to forget this later, as it is a lot of
slog work - if we do it while the parties are organising then the job
may be easier. This is something really easy that we could delegate
across a larger number of people.

2. We should follow up after 3.0 (about mid may, perhaps?) to try to
crystalise some of these groups into local GNOME user groups.

Yes, The place where host the launch party will likely to became a GNOME Users Group. All the organizors' contact will be added togugmasters-list gnome org . We should follow up with them for future activities.

After the activites, all the parties will required to submit:
1. Blog
2. Photos
3. Videos

It would be great if we define a tag for those medias. How about define tag as :  GNOME3_launch_party
Then we can easily to search all the photos, video and blog from websites.

I like the idea from Allan to have a competition for the best Photos. (Photos is much easier and more than videos. )

-Emily