Re: Marketing video delivery mechanism

PCF and Mozilla are working on a Universal Subtitles system that
supports multiple browsers and videos regardless of where they exist on
the Internet.

http://universalsubtitles.org/

I think they're in an alpha state.  I don't know what the release
timeline looks like, but they've been working hard and could use more help.

Back in August, they posted that they support Theora, WebM, YouTube, and
blip.tv, plus there's a video with the subtitles widget.

http://blog.universalsubtitles.org/2010/08/25/universal-subtitles-new-version-released/

I think this is a good option for subtitle/translation support for
videos for the GNOME 3.0 campaign.  If there are problems, we could work
with the Universal Subtitles folks to iron them out.  That's probably a
lot less energy and time than rolling our own system.

I work for PCF, but not on the Universal Subtitles project.  I can get
you (for some group of you) in touch with the Universal Subtitles people
to work out logistics of their release schedule and the GNOME 3.0 video
campaign release schedule.

/will