Re: Friends of GNOME Badges

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Claus Schwarm <clschwarm googlemail com> wrote:

If we could track some of our promoters somehow, we could contact them
and ask for a testimonial -- why they help us, why they think this is
important, and why others should join in.

We could then display their statements together with their Gravatar
images and a link to their blog or homepage in a sidebar to that page.

We can easily email everyone who has donated ... I email thank you's and sometimes they write back and tell me why they donated.

I've seen the ruler has nearly reached its goal. Maybe we could replace
it by a "We're-looking-for-50-bloggers-to-help-us-promote-FoG" ruler?

I like that. I like the idea of alternating what the ruler measures, so more people can participate. And so people check it regularly. (We also talked about taking it down and just doing campaigns a couple of times a year.)

Stormy