Re: gnome miro community

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.01.2010, 10:20 -0500 schrieb will kahn-greene:
On 01/20/2010 09:44 AM, Paul Cutler wrote:
On 01/19/2010 05:00 PM, will kahn-greene wrote:

 >> Can I use some of the Gnome branding on the site?  In particular, I'd
 >> love to put the Gnome foot in the banner instead of the "I have
 >> no icon" image.

Regarding the logo, this page has some guidelines:
http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines.

I should have mentioned that I've seen that page.  I don't think it
states the licensing of those logos and it doesn't talk about who can
use them and whether there are any restrictions for what they can be
used with.  The thing that page does cover is what's allowed in terms of
derivatives of the foot logo and what transformations can be applied.

So unless I'm reading that page wrong or I'm missing something, it
doesn't answer my question.

Is it the case that anyone can use Gnome branding?

IIRC, the foundation has always tolerated what I would call "fair-use"
of the logo. But the foundation's board would be the best persons to
talk to about legal things.

Regards,
  Sven