gnome miro community

Hi!

I wrote a comment on Paul Cutler's blog entry last week about the Gnome Marketing Meeting and he said I should subscribe to this list because this is where the magic happens.

I work for PCF and we released a web application called Miro Community. It allows a group of editors to curate videos with a particular focus regardless of where they exist on the Internet.

I put together a Gnome Miro Community last month:

   http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/

I thought that a Miro Community focusing on Gnome things would bring together all this video material that's floating around out there and make it easier for:

1. developers to come up to speed on Gnome technologies and future

2. users to keep track of what's going on and what's ahead

3. developers and users to communicate about what's being built versus uses cases and requirements

The first thing I did was find the GUADEC videos, pull them into Gnome Miro Community and add description information from the GUADEC 2009 wiki. Since then, I've been adding videos from here and there, primarily from YouTube as they get created and videos that I bump into from Planet Gnome and Planet Ubuntu. I'm happy to continue curating and I'm also happy to bring on other curators.

My questions are these:

What can I do to help Gnome marketing? Where can Gnome Miro Community make a difference?

Are there videos out there that aren't in the system that should be?

Are there other conferences that are generating video that should get pulled into the site?

Can I use some of the Gnome branding on the site? In particular, I'd love to put the Gnome foot in the banner instead of the "I have no icon" image.

Are there other videos that I should be "featured"? Right now I have Quim Gil's GUADEC 2009 keynote, Owen Taylor's GUADEC 2009 Introduction to Gnome Shell, and a presentation on Gnome Zeitgeist.

Are there other questions I should be asking?

/will