From: <mustapha fossnigeria org>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Subject: Gnome Community Invited to FOSS Nigeria 2010
To: stormy gnome org, board gnome org

Dear Sir,

Free and Open Source Software Foundation Nigeria http://fossnigeria.org in
collaboration with The Centre for Information Technology at Bayero
University Kano http://www.buk.edu.ng/ and HUTSOFT Nigeria Limited
http://hutsoftnigeria.com/ are officially inviting your organisation to
come and give talks at our second international conference on Free and Open
Source Software Nigeria 2010 (FOSS Nigeria 2010 ).

The conference is scheduled to take place from 5th to 7th March 2010 at
Mambayya House, Centre for Democratic Research, Bayero University Kano,
Kano State, Nigeria.

Conference registration will be open on 1st January 2010 through the
official FOSS Nigeria website.

The call for papers is now open and will accepting talks until 20th
February 2010.
Conference papers may cover all aspects of free and open source software
projects.

For paper submissions, request for invitation letters or any other enquiry
please write to the following e-mail addresses:
conferences fossnigeria org, mustapha fossnigeria org and
iadasuma fossnigeria org.

If your company wish to donate or advertise their open source products and
services can send their banners, pamphlets, stickers, shirts or anything
that can sell the idea to our community free of charge so that it can be
distributed during the conference or hang in the conference hall for the
duration of the conference and other FOSS Nigeria local events. We are
still looking for donations and sponsorship to help us improve this
conference further.
All interanational invited attendees can attend the conference free of
charge. In addition, as last year, food, accommodation throughout the stay
in Nigeria and sight seeing will be sponsored by the organisation as well.

Last year we received reports of people who would have wished to attend the
conference but were unsure about visiting Nigeria. We understand there are
many negative stories about our country, but we can assure you Kano will
treat you well.

Adriaan de Groot (Vice President KDE e.V) and Jonathan Riddell (Kubuntu
Developer) are two KDE community members who attended the FOSS Nigeria 2009
conference in March 2009. They can answer any question that you may have
regarding the country and the conference, feel free to contact them.
FOSS Nigeria 2009 Conference communique and reports can be found on our
website http://fossnigeria.org/node/5
FOSS Nigeria 2009 Pictures can be found on the Flickr account from Jonathan
Riddell http://www.flickr.com/photos/jriddell/sets/72157614991241443/
Hope to see you all at FOSS Nigeria 2010.

Mustapha Abubakar,
Organiser-FOSS Nigeria 2010.