Re: Campaign Proposal

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 12:34 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
El mié, 17-02-2010 a las 08:09 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna escribió:

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 ipam pt> wrote:

         Please flame at will...

I would hope that nobody would do such a thing for putting effort and
time into an idea.  We have serious community issues if one expects to
be flamed when proposing an idea.  This isn't LKML. :)

Yeah, don't worry ;). We are all friendly people, or try to be :).

I do like the idea you are proposing in the doc (others: it's a quick
read, give it a look), three concrete points I liked:

 - referring to releases by a name instead of a number, this works fine
for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora

 - associating the species features to GNOME release features, this
could give an easy starting point for a lot of material I think

 - attracting more artistic contribution since the theme stops being
"GNOME" (geeky, computers) and becomes "$species" (wildlife, ecology,
colourful).

I'd like to see this, what do others think?

 Diego,

 I would maintain the number, just add the (promotion) "name" ahead.
Removing numbers will probably make a huge turmoil, and it's not really
necessary. I don't know the dev's position, but I would assume it would
would be handy to keep.

 NM