Re: Issue 19 Planning

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 19:51 +0000, Luis Medinas wrote:
On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 19:39 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
Paul,

 I've contacted Mr. Jacob Volkner from AHEAD's office in Germany who is the
European Press contact from AHEAD to answer me some questions related to AHEAD
flagship product Nero (which also uses GTK2 Technology on it's Linux version).

 If they cooperate with me, I'm planning to write an article named "GNOME
Desktop, interaction with Proprietary Software".

 Once I get more developments from Ahead AG, I'll keep people informed. It
would be nice if they published a link in their webpage for the GNOME Journal
article aswel.

Sounds a little bad to me this kind of article. If GNOME is all about
Free Software why are you writing stuff from Proprietary Software ? We
should encourage our users to use Free Software instead of Proprietary
(Nero, vmware etc...).
Personally i would be very sad to see an article with Nero and not a
single article for Brasero which is a GNOME application.

Cheers
Luis

Luis, thanks for the email.  I more than understand your concern about
proprietary software, but at the same time a number of for-profit
companies use GNOME technologies.

I've already emailed Nelson, and depending on the content of the
interview, we can exercise editorial control in accepting the article.
I think in some cases, doing an interview with companies that use GNOME,
even to build proprietary software, can be ok.

As far as Brasero, I think that's a different issue, and that's just a
matter of having a volunteer to come forward to write an article about
Brasero and it's features, and we would love to include it.

Thanks.

Paul