Re: GNOME -> Gnome

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Alex Launi <alex launi gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Hylke Bons <hylkebons gmail com> wrote:

"Gnome" reminds of the the imaginary tiny creatures.

So what? Gnomes are adorable, intelligent creatures. They believe in strong
communities, and wear silly hats. We should be thrilled to be associated
with such creates.

Well it would be nice if we knew what it said on the tin.

At least you can
see "GNOME" is an acronym, and you can guess it doesn't have anything
to do with those.

GNOME is a horrible acronym. GNU Network Object Model Environment. WHAT???
Seriously, what the hell does that mean?

Looks like you didn't read my whole reply.

Hylke