Re: What is GNOME?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:

Good point, and I actually think that old users don't use
www.gnome.org that much, so we should prioritize the "I know pretty
much nothing about GNOME user" case. However, easy to reach pointers
for other possible audiences (potential developers, potential
community members) should be pointed at others parts of the website
more or less obviously.

Actually, I think we would have the most impact reaching out to the people that kind of know what GNOME is, are open source fans but don't really know what GNOME is.

Our developers and fans will use live.gnome.org or can easily be directed to a new spot on the website.

The newbies will be very hard to educate.

But the people that are users or fans but not following all the mailing lists, those might be the ones to target with the web page. They are also the people donating to Friends of GNOME and as Diego says, they might be most open to our humanitarian causes.

Just a thought. Make it easy for the experts to find what they need, target our fans who aren't members of the project, and not worry too much about the newbies quite yet.

Stormy