Re: promoting good gnome apps via news.gnome.org

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Claus Schwarm <clschwarm googlemail com> wrote:

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just the way it is.

I can always depend on you to get to the heart of the matter, Claus. :-)  I don't think your comments are harsh, but does reflect a reality behind my suggestion.  Yes, I agree that perhaps driving people to developer websites might have the opposite effect if a product web page is lacking.  There is of course the branding and consistency of a GNOME supported app.  Perhaps that means we create our own product page I don't know.

So maybe a modification is to create our own product page for each promoted app with a link to the original page?  I still think the foundation of the ideas is sound which is to drive interest in products that compete with others on more popular systems.