Re: Spanish poster for the Friends of GNOME campaign

2009/7/13 Licio Fonseca <liciofonseca gnome org>:
Hi Alberto,

Do you have a english version of this poster?

Sure, sorry, I sent the email by the end of the talk and the slogan
lacks some explanation indeed.

Basically it says "Put one foot in GNOME". Let me elaborate a bit:

At least in the spanish/hispanic culture, associating the concept of
friendship and any money transaction is not very well understood, so
we tried to figure out a way to express that this was a way to
contribute back to GNOME and be somewhat part of the community.

At the same time we didn't wanted to keep "Friends of GNOME" as the
campaign name, so we discussed that what we needed was a catchy
sentence that would contain the concept of community. So after a few
attempts we came up with the slogan.

The rest of the text is a direct translation from the original posters.

By the way, eventhough the attendance was not as high as I expected, I
found the workshop a success, and a few Industrial Design students
asked me for my email and expressed their willingness to collaborate
in the future (let's see if they actually do it). Maybe the only
downside is that one of the students seemed to miss what the whole
thing was about, and got a bit annoyed by the fact that I was asking
people to contribute for fry, and to ask for money none the less!
(someone told me that offline, I tried my best clarifying that GNOME
was a community of volunteers, and that contributing is a great way to
build a profile/cv, but it seemed

I encourage to everyone in the marketing list to give a similar
workshop in their closest design school and make a similar
presentation.  These are[0][1] slides I used, they probably need
rebranding (I was at GUADEC on behalf of Codethink so I had to use my
employer's template), feel free to make any modifications or comments.

[0] http://www.gnome.org/~aruiz/GNOME.art.contribs.odp
[1] http://www.gnome.org/~aruiz/GNOME.art.contribs.pdf