Re: New Project: GNOME YouTube Video Contest

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri spiritone com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 07:38:37AM -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
Endorsing/using proprietary software (AFAIK none of the free flash
players plays youtube acceptably, at least using code that is legally
available in the US.)

--

Yes, there is that.  I'm not sure though how to get around this.  Flash
has become a de-facto standard for multimedia on the web.

And win32 is a de-facto standard for desktop development APIs. Point?

I'm glad to see that blip.tv offers an alternative; I'd be satisfied
with that. I'd also think we could talk with Moz, since when they ship
fox3.1 (assuming they get similar adoption as with ffox 3.0) around
20% of web users will have ogg support, and presumably they have some
ideas around publishing content.

Luis