Re: New Project: GNOME YouTube Video Contest

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
How about a video contest for GNOME desktop tips and howtos? (Sriram
Ramkrisha had this great idea on IRC and I thought I'd bring it over to the
marketing list.)

Users upload them to YouTube and we put them all in one channel.

Working with Google, we might be able to also sign up for the YouTube
partner program for them.

Benefits:

Lots of howto videos for GNOME related technologies. (Lots of technologies
and companies are successfully using video to help out new users now. Lately
I've watched several really useful ones for some really simple things.)
Help GNOME users that are googling for answers
Generate excitement around GNOME
Generate word of mouth marketing for GNOME technologies

Work/Costs:

Endorsing/using proprietary software (AFAIK none of the free flash
players plays youtube acceptably, at least using code that is legally
available in the US.)

Luis