Re: advisory board fees

Very good! It feels hard to say no after reading it.

Just a few minor points you may like to consider:

(1) "we were unable to do any of the ones we had planned for the first
half of the year."

This sounds active and we're admitting inability. Maybe, that's a
correct description but there's no need to make it obvious. ;-)

What about: "we had to cancel the ones we had planned for the first half
of the year"?

(2) "We need to make sure the income we can count on can support a few
key hackfests without additional money."

I needed to read this twice.

What about: "We need to secure reliable budgets for a few important
hackfests"?

You may also like to mention "open source" in addition to "free
software".

Also, the project names may be a little bit cryptic for some members of
the Advisory Board. After all, they have lots of stuff to do, I suppose,
and some of them may not be able to keep up with all the on-going
developments in the community.

Best regards,
Claus