Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

Hi,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
How dare you steal my idea. ;)  j/k  I had thought about the app store,
but I'm convinced that it won't work if we keep it "just GNOME".  It
won't work until you involve distros/KDE/XFCE and completely centralize
everything into one place to get cool apps regardless of desktop.  Linux
desktop marketshare is so pathetically small that we need to join forces
with everyone and work in unison to win people over

That's called a "distribution" - I'm not convinced :)

I think "featured GNOME apps" is a great idea - especially if we cast
our net wide and feature apps that integrate well with GNOME (like, as
was pointed out, applications like F-Spot, Abiword, the GIMP).

And I really like the design you've come up with Andreas! All in favour.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary