Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

Hi GNOME Marketing folks,

With GNOME 3.0 in the works, I think it makes sense for us to come up with a GNOME 3.0 marketing plan.

+ Identify our target audience(s). Do we want to communicate with existing GNOME users, all free desktop users, or try to reach out to non-free-desktop users? (I think we can safely leave communicating with developers up to the developers themselves.)
+ Identify our key messages. What's new/interesting/cool about GNOME 3.0. Who will it benefit? How?
+ Create a roll out and strategy. Do we want to have timed "press releases" maybe every three months or so? With these we could work with journalists - we need to have something interesting for them to say on a regular basis.
+ Press team. Maybe put together a small team of developers, documentation people and marketing people to roll out the messages and be key contacts.
+ Presentations. It would be really helpful to have some prepared presentations with slides and speaking points for people willing to help spread the word. They could use the presentations as given or they could use parts of it or adapt it to their audience. But by having something prepared, we have a better chance of communicating the message we want.

Anything else that should go on the list?

I think we can discuss each point in it's own thread and maybe even create subteams.

Stormy