Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 04/21/2009 12:07 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:

I found that to be a strange response to me saying (in that same email)
that we should not block on choosing _any_ CMS. We don't need a CMS to
get the new structure and content online. A suitable CMS would be
_nice_, but it's not a blocker. Lack of committed web people is the
blocker.

Any reason not simply go with MediaWiki?  We already know that the wiki
is where everything happens.  Why not use it for everything?

The website is the only outward-facing resource we have. It's the place
were we tell people what GNOME is, what our community is about, what our
vision & values are.

"Everything happens in the wiki" is a very introspective way of thinking
about the website. The website is not a developer tool in the way that
library.gnome.org is, it's a communication tool.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary