Re: GNOME mobile on website

I like to add that there seems to be no GMAE logo, really. The one big
image there is not really usable. Maybe sone of the designers likes to
work on some smart logo which uses the GNOME foot
(http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines ). Just like to mention that a
foot and mobility would make a good combination.

There is also still time to think about a better name (problem: how do
you spell "gmae"? In german this sounds like a sheep). I just invented
the word "GNOMOBILITY", which could also be used with the meaning of
"mobility of GNOME" or "GNOME goes mobile". If you want to use it, be
free to do so.

One problem on the pages is that many different phrases are used
 - like the one page  name is /mobile, then "GNOME Mobile",  "The GNOME
Mobile Platform", "GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative", "GMAE", "GMAE
technology", "GMAE Platform".

I think it is important to have a unique term And as it seems GMAE means
"/Greater Minnesota Association of Evangelicals" ;-) And one needs to
constantly use this term, which should be easily recognizable and
writeable. I know renaming of an initiative is nothing to do lightly,
but I think the long name /"GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative" is hard
to grasp and is in itself not very unique (at least besides the term GNOME).

So a good logo plus a recognizable name plus a good direction would be
important to also make the page better. I started looking at the page on
the logo and then found that I could not connect the logo with the
initiative name - and that the title did not contain GMAE - and then I
realized that this is not yet a real brand like "GNOME" already is. But
it  needs to be one to make more out of this initiative. And also the
logo and brand should be connectable to GNOME by the sound and the look.

Regards,
Thilo