Re: GNOME mobile on website

Hi Thilo,

We have a long-standing action to update the gnome.org/mobile page. Here
are some of the things I would like to see:

* The main text of the page needs to be rewritten to refocus the project
and give us a clearer identity
* A list of active participants (I can send this to people)
* Some stories of devices based on GNOME Mobile (human interest type
stuff) - I thought Vernier, Nokia, maybe Ubuntu Mobile might be good
choices - perhaps also the iRex eReader.
* Short descriptions of the libraries included in GNOME Mobile (a two or
three line summary of services provided & raison d'ĂȘtre)
* Project roadmap & achievements
* Links to some SDKs and downloadable VMs that people can play with
(Poky, Ubuntu Mobile, the Maemo SDK, ...)
* Ideally, links to some applications which target only GNOME Mobile
APIs would be nice.

I've listed these roughly in order of most urgent to least urgent.

Do you have some time to revise the text of the page this weekend, by
any chance? I'd be happy to review any suggestions & commit after the
weekend.

Cheers,
Dave.

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
Hi,

as GNOME mobile is on the splash logo on www.gnome.org I think some
things are missing:

 1. There is no link to http://www.gnome.org/mobile/ or any menu entry
mentioning GNOME Mobile.
 2. The release notes do mention GNOME mobile but also do not have any
link to that page.
 3. http://www.gnome.org/mobile/ does not really indicate under which
big topic it exists. Like is it a "Project"  or is it part of
"Development" - than why it is not linked on both pages?

I think "GNOME mobile" needs to be redefined and should be linked better
inside the web site if it is said to be THE priority. The website does
not reflect this priority since the news about forming the platform has
disappeared from www.gnome.org/ .

The GNOME Release notes talk more extensively about GNOME Mobile:
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.24/index.html.en#rnmobile
Although I think it maybe rather belongs to the developer section? As I
understand this platform is really six platforms. And btw. this link is
wrong: "http://http//alp.access-company.com/";

Regards,
Thilo

--