Re: GNOME files disabled

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
Can we not just port the existing gnomefiles website over?  It is
better than nothing.  We haev http://www.gtk-apps.org.  But I'm
not very enthuisastica bout this site and it's application list is
not complete.
sri
From
http://web.archive.org/web/20071212224222/www.gnomefiles.org/contact.php:
"The developer & owner of Gnomefiles' PHP source code is Eugenia Loli. OSNews LLC (the company behind GnomeFiles) is using the source code under a special licensing condition (at no cost). This repository engine can be easily modified to store documents, music or any other item that can be categorized. If you are interested in purchasing or licensing the source code, email Eugenia directly at..."

Does this mean we can't pick up the code and host it ourselves?
It would be cool to get at least the data. The site filled a important gap.
If we can't host it ourselves, I'm interesting in start designing something new if someone is willing to help with the code.
- Andreas