Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Hi Karoonboonyanan,

I come from Malaysia. I do understand about the cultural issue regarding foot in people  especially in the South East Asia area.

Currently, from my observation, there is no setback from people in Malaysia with the usage of foot as GNOME logo. Most of the people that are interested to use GNOME did not really care about the foot logo, but some do ask question why foot was chosen as the logo.

As for alternative of the foot logo, maybe GNOME team can come up with a simple "G" logo, that can be used for community that thinks foot is not nice to associated with.

The same logo can then be used in the user interface, documentation, or other material when you are trying to introduce GNOME to them.