Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Alex Hudson <home alexhudson com> wrote:

If we're looking at a cultural problem in Islamic countries, there is some
precedent there for having separate logos: Red Cross / Red Crescent have
different symbols because the cross is offensive in those areas too (even
through unrelated descent). I believe they're different organisations, and
they also have a third symbol - a diamond - as a reserve. GNOME could apply
the same thinking, though.

Exactly what I got as a comment from my friend. At first, I thought
about the Debian project which has official logo with the bottle and the
other without. But the Red Cross / Red Crescent example also applies.

Would there be a problem using something like a stylised hand-print? It
could be made to look recognisably "GNOME" with a G palm, yet still
obviously a hand.

You mean something the GPE project is currently using?
http://gpe.handhelds.org/

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan