Re: Presentation of GNOME architecture

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 12:47 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
On 14 Oct 2008, at 11:13, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi Brian,

Brian Cameron wrote:
Does anybody have a good presentation on the overall structure of
GNOME
architecture?  Are good general GNOME presentations stored
somewhere for
reference?

I'm not sure what you mean - but I'm not sure why anyone would give a
presentation on the overall structure of GNOME architecture.

I think (though I'm not sure) that we're looking to give a
presentation to some new QA folks who are unfamiliar with the GNOME
stack.  And the last time we did that we were only supporting GNOME
2.6, rather than the 2.24 we'll be supporting soon... so our materials
could use some updating, and it would just be nice if somebody else
had already done the work :)

(There's some slightly more up-to-date information on <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArchitecture/Overview
 >, but even that only takes us up to GNOME 2.16.)

That seems to be a half-hearted effort by one person without much
involvement by anyone else. I'm tempted to rename it if not actually
remove it.

We have an official "Overview of the GNOME Platform" document. I guess
that any presentation slides should take the structure from that:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/platform-overview/stable/

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com