Re: Revamping Friends of GNOME: help with web page text

I started a wiki page where we can work on ideas and text, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/FriendsOfGNOME. Please check it out and contribute your thoughts and words. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

If anyone knows a good way to collaborate on web page design, that'd be great.

Stormy

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
On 8/5/08, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> I definitely like your idea of listing concrete goals. I think we
>  should list specific things we want funding for and we should follow
>  up with what we spent it on, but we shouldn't actually earmark it. As
>  a nonprofit, if you earmark it, if plans change, you can't use that
>  money for anything else.

Maybe a mention about the chance of donating stuff that is not money
would impulse some people to help, like a venue for meetings or
conferences. But it might be hard to take track of that I guess.

Regarding the website, one thing I didn't see last week that I
happened to browse it is images for the gifts. If I'm offered a mug
but I have no clue how the mug is, well that makes me doubt. Same, if
I'm offered a mug and I see that I get a cooler tshirt for 3 more USD,
then I would sign up for that bigger price.

I share the idea of making some mentions of events made with
Foundation's sponsorship to show possible donators and already
donators that the money is being used effectively.

greetings

Diego

--
Stormy Peters