Kudos from a surprising source

Hi all,

I recently exchanged mails with Kevin Carmony, former CEO of Linspire,
who said this (and gave me permission to quote him, of course):

I have to admit how pleasantly surprised I've been with GNOME. After
six years using KDE, when I decided to switch to Ubuntu, I was fully
planning on using Kubuntu, but was surprised to find out how much I
enjoyed GNOME and have remained on straight Ubuntu, preferring it and
GNOME over Kubuntu and KDE.

Kudos!

To which I said "You sound surprised! Can I quote you?"

As a follow-up, he said this:
Well, when you drink the "K"ool-aid long enough.  =)

Sure, I'd be happy to be a reference.  GNOME just "feels" better to
me, "smoother," faster, the rough edges smoothed out more.  KDE
always felt a little disjointed and scattered.  I'm also a big Mac
fan, and GNOME has that same nice, stable, clean feel that I get from
my Macs.

I still have friends at KDE, and appreciate all their good work as
well, and I know for many that is their preference, but for me, I'm
happy to have made the switch.

Which is nice...

Although I don't think that we should make *too* much noise about it.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary