Re: Sponsorship

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 20:28 -0500, Sara Khalatbari wrote:
It did?

I did not know that. Though it said: "Maemo provides an open source
development platform for Nokia Internet Tablets and other Linux-based
devices." I didn't know Nokia is sponsoring the event since their logo
did not appear on the 07 Sponsor's list.
Maemo is actually Nokia. It's a marketing issue, I don't think that
Nokia would like to sponsor GUADEC with two separate brands.

Sara
On Dec 27, 2007 7:57 PM, Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se> wrote:
        Sara Khalatbari wrote:

        >     As you might already realized that's previous year's
        sponsorship
        >     brochure. I'll update it for GUADEC 2008, and mail to
        previous year's
        >     sponsors.
        >

        > Hi Baris
        >
        > It is a good idea to mail it also to companies like Nokia
        who did
        > sponsor Guadec 06 but did not sponsor Guadec 07 & get them
        back in the
        > gnome sponsorship cycle.

        Hi Sara!
        Didn't Nokia sponsor GNOME via Maemo for Guadec 2007?
        - Andreas

        > Sara
        >

        >     Even though, sponsorship conditions are subject to
        change, it's very
        >     likely that they will stay same with currency
        correction. (in Euros