Re: Screenshot link on frontpage

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 23:17 +0200, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
This only works, if it can be reserved 100% for a product screenshot,
and clicking on it e.g. redirects to the feature list with
screenshots.

Why not. The Marketing Team needs to decide how the banner area is going
to work (i.e. a banner a month?) and what promos go in it, though. Maybe
one day we make banners of the OLPC, the embedded devices, a new huge
deployment in Asia...

Can it be reserved just like that in trade for no
screenshot link?

I insist, there is a permanent and clickable screenshot in the GNOME
Slogan block in the top right column. We can add a "Screenshots" link in
the bottom of this block.

Some websites I think that does a really good job with the product picture are:
http://banshee-project.org
http://www.mono-project.com
http://www.xaraxtreme.org

We can do that.

Martin, would you like to join us and define how the Tour/Overview
section will be organized? You bring good ideas and it would be nice to
have you shaping them up.

--
Quim Gil /// http://desdeamericaconamor.org | http://pinguino.tv